Tuesday, February 28, 2006

So the doctor said...

We went in for Elspeth's four month check up today, and she's doing great except the hideous exema down one side of her face. Poor baby, although I'm sure it bothers us more than it bothers her. Also, she has a really big head...like, 90th percentile while the rest of her is 25th percentile. Most probable reason: she takes after grandpa. Either way we're supposed to get her measured again in a month just to be on the cautious side, which I don't mind because it is free. The real issue is some time this week we have to get her immunized again...I don't know, something about some stranger sticking my baby with needles brings out the mamma bear in me and I have this sudden impulse to grab the baby and run. I know it's neccessary, and I know she's fine, so of course she's getting her immunizations, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Also due to the apparent allergic reaction to SOMETHING (aka the exema of doom) we get to go very, VERY slowly introducing solid foods. Which is just fine by me, to be perfectly honest. The doctor recommends waiting until between five and six months, starting with rice cereal with breastmilk or apple juice, and no other new foods for a month as we very slowly increase the quantity until she's eating twice a day. Hooray a plan I suppose.

No comments: